Laney is the voice, photographer, and recipe developer behind 'Life is but a Dish' food blog. She's an avid 9am-er at our Studio City location. Laney LOVES food, double unders and HATES toes to bar. 'Life is but a Dish' is her food blog focused on easy and approachable recipes for the everyday home cook who loves to eat. Follow along for new recipes every week!
Shaved Brussels Sprouts Salad with Black Rice, Dates, & Cashews
- 10 ounces shaved (or thinly sliced) brussels sprouts (about 3-4 cups)
- 1 cup cooked black rice
- 1/2-3/4 cup cashews
- 10 pitted dates, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
For the lemon caper dressing
- 2 1/2 tablespoons fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1) Add all of the ingredients to a large bowl and toss gently. Top with dressing and toss to coat. Serve immediately or store in the fridge.
For the dressing
- 1) Whisk all ingredients together in a small bowl.
For more recipes, click on the link below:
Life is but a Dish