Laney is the voice, photographer, and recipe developer behind 'Life is but a Dish' food blog. She's an avid 9am-er at our Studio City location. Laney LOVES food, double unders and HATES toes to bar. 'Life is but a Dish' is her food blog focused on easy and approachable recipes for the everyday home cook who loves to eat. Follow along for new recipes every week!
Slow Cooker Turkey Meatballs
- 2 1/2 pounds ground turkey meat
- 1 small onion, grated
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup panko or regular breadcrumbs
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon tomato paste
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 (26 ounce) jar marinara sauce (I love the Trader Joe's Tomato Basil Marinara)
- 1) Add all the ingredients (up through the parsley) to a large bowl. Mix using a fork until combined. Do not over-mix. If mixture seems too wet, add 1 tablespoon at a time of bread crumbs until it's easy to handle and form into balls.
- 2) Pour a small amount of sauce into the slow cooker. Just enough to cover the bottom. As you form the meatballs, place them in the cooker. I made larger size meatballs (slightly larger than the size of a golf ball) This made about 24. Pour the rest of the sauce over the meatballs and cook on low for 6-6.5 hours. Serve plain, over rice, or with pasta.
For more recipes, click on the link below: