One Pot Cauliflower Rice Paella
Looking for a super satisfying new dish? Look no further! Laney teamed up with Jen Widerstrom and they created this easy weeknight dinner. YUM :)
- 12 shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 2-3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 12 ounces cooked chicken sausage, sliced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, small dice
- 1 orange bell pepper, small dice
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 pound riced cauliflower (about 4 cups)
- 1/3 cup chicken stock (or water)
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- Fresh squeeze of lemon
- Chopped parsley for garnish
1) In a small bowl toss the shrimp with 1/4 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon turmeric, 1/4 teaspoon paprika, and 1 tablespoon olive oil.
2) Heat a large pan or pot over medium heat. Add the shrimp and cook for 3 minutes on each side. Remove from pan and set aside. Add another tablespoon of olive oil to the same pan and cook the chicken sausage about 5-7 minutes, until browned. Remove sausage from pan.
3) There may be enough oil still in the pan, if not, add one more tablespoon of oil, the onion, bell peppers, and a pinch of salt, and cook for 5 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for 1 more minute. Add the tomato paste and stir to coat.
4) Add the cauliflower rice and remaining salt, turmeric, and paprika, and cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add stock and cook until liquid evaporates. Should take about 3-4 minutes.
5) Add the tomatoes, peas and just heat through for a couple of minutes. Return the shrimp and sausage to the pan. Turn off heat and add a squeeze of fresh lemon juice. Garnish with chopped parsley and serve immediately!